Retain Top Talent
Does it feel like you’re constantly filling positions left vacant by employees who didn’t work for your company very long in the first place? Well then, it’s time to determine why so many people are leaving! Tired of battling attrition? High turnover rates can lead to decreased productivity, low employee morale and huge costs directly impacting your bottom line. It’s important to combat this issue immediately before it becomes an even bigger problem.
How to Retain Top Talent
Need a little help retaining key team members? Get started by learning about five perks your employees are looking for:
- Advancement Potential: Talented workers don’t want to be stuck in a dead-end job. If these people feel like they have no room to grow at your company, they’ll start to look for growth with other companies.
- Flexible Working Arrangements: Being tied to a desk from nine-to-five is a thing of the past for some people. These days, people want to work for a company that offers flexibility. Allowing your employees the freedom to adjust their hours or work remotely has become a major perk for many top candidates. We get that this doesn’t apply to all companies, as some shifts are set and cannot be flexible due to production needs; however, it’s a good principle to keep in mind.
- Attractive Benefits Package: Employees really value a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage, retirement savings and more. The more attractive your benefits package is, the better you’ll look in comparison to your competitors.
- Positive Work Environment: Is your office a pleasant place to work? No one wants to spend each day in a hostile environment, so expect people to take off in search of pleasant working conditions if your office is filled with a steady stream of negativity. Encouraging professional camaraderie with supervisors, leads and employees can really lift morale.
- Recognition for Achievements: People need to feel appreciated. If you’re not recognizing your employees for a job well done, they may feel undervalued, causing them to look for work at a new company that appreciates their contributions. It doesn’t have to be anything grandiose, just implement a small recognition program to give employees something to strive for.
We know high turnover levels can have a profoundly negative impact on your organization and we’re here to help you!
Career Personnel is a recruiting and staffing agency located in Longview focusing on full-time employment for industrial, clerical, oilfield service and CDL drivers. Keep up with Career Personnel online at cpjobs.net, and make sure to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.